Type IV/A (P-V) 42,5 N-SR - Type IV/A (P-V) 42,5 N-SR - Buzzi Unicem Italia
Type IV/A (P-V) 42,5 N-SR
This cement contains: 65-89% clinker with a low calcium aluminate content, 11-35% fly ash and pozzolanic material. A maximum of 5% minor constituents is permitted. The percentages indicated do not include additions of calcium sulfate and additives.
Known for its rapid early strength development and due to the low aluminate content in the clinker, this cement offers special advantages such as the high/very high resistance to sulfates, suitability for use in marine environments, and controlled development of the heat of hydration. The cement conforms to the harmonized European standard EN 197/1 and displays the CE marking as required by European regulation 305/2011 (CPR).
"SR" means that the cement is sulfate-resistant, an additional property of the product in accordance with the composition and performance requirements specified in tables 2 and 5 of EN 197/1.
Product with a lower environmental impact formulated to uphold the principles of sustainability and offer construction solutions that meet the latest environmental standards. The criteria used to define the CGreen line are based on the GWP (Global Warming Potential) indicator, which is included in the Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) to quantify the Carbon Footprint of cement and the entire supply and production chain.
The percentage of recycled content has also been identified for each cement to define the circularity indicator by cement type.
|Parameter||Test Method||Indicative values (1)||Specified characteristic limits|
|Sulfates (SO3)||EN 196/2||<2,80%||<=3,0%|
|Chlorides (Cl - )||EN 196/2||<0,05%||<=0,10%|
|Pozzolanic activity test (8 days)||EN 196/5||positive||positive|
|Water-soluble chromium VI||EN 196/10||<=2 ppm||<=2 ppm|
|Parameter||Test Method||Indicative values(1)||Specified characteristic limits|
|Blaine Specific surface||EN 196/6||3200-4500 cm2/g|
|Initial setting time||EN 196/3||>130 min||>=60 min|
|Volume stability||EN 196/3||<=10 mm||<=10 mm|
|Compressive strength after curing for||EN 196/1|
|2 days||>21,0 MPa||>=10,0 MPa|
|28 days||>46,0 MPa||>=42,5 MPa|
(1) The values represent the level above (or below) the reasonably expected median values for the parameters indicated of BUZZI UNICEM cements belonging to the type and class named in the headers. These values are calculated on a yearly basis and take into account internal self-inspection data.
- Concrete for foundations and any works in moderately aggressive environments
- Concrete for works requiring thick pourings (dams, barriers, etc.)
- Concrete in contact with seawater
- Sewage works
- Soil reinforcement works, ranging from injections to jet-grouting systems
- Concrete for works requiring resistance to aggressive environments due to chemical attack